Organizations today are facing an increasingly complex business landscape thats changing at an accelerated pace. New technologies are emerging rapidly, the quantity of government regulations is growing, the face of competition is changing and the workforce is more dynamic and empowered than ever. The convergence of these factors requires organizations to have a new way of assessing, implementing and optimizing for these changes.
Purpose of the Position
To independently perform a combination of accounting duties within the Financial Reporting Department. This position is responsible for accounting functions related to the generation of customer invoices, account analysis and cost accounting system data entry for payroll at the direction of the Financial Reporting Manager. This position will also be working with the Financial Reporting Manager to complete special projects as requested.
- This position reports directly to the Financial Reporting Manager. No positions report to the Staff Accountant.
- Regular predictable and reliable attendance
- Operates PC to generate reports and correspondence
- Maintains and develops invoice templates using Excel spreadsheet
- Special projects at the direction of the Financial Reporting Manager
- Monthly general ledger account analysis and various monthly reports
- Various month-end close procedures and journal entries
- Payroll processing and electronic uploads
- A/R Collections
- Gathers backup documentation necessary for completing and mailing customer invoices
- Complies data for processing
- Vendor invoices and timecards
- Analyzes, verifies, and balances Payroll cards with system spreadsheets
- Prepares, processes and sends invoices to customers
- Edits all data entry processed
- Scanning for paperless environment
- Matching and verifying checks with back-up documentation
- Analyzes contracts and formulates proper invoicing procedures
- Inputs information into CIS system
- Fixed assets monthly journal entries
- Posting of revenue and payroll from CIS to Epicor-Back-up for payroll processing (PayChex)
Technical training and skills: Computer literate with extensive knowledge of PC software. Ability to design graphs, forms, spreadsheets, interprets formulas and produce advance application macros. Must have extensive knowledge of current version of Excel and Word for Windows word processing. Operate 10-key by touch. Paychex payroll.
Professional training or knowledge: Knowledge of standard principles of accounting and industry standards.
Work experience: 1-7 years professional experience working with PC software applications, leading to a broad knowledge of computer technology, cost accounting, auditing and general accounting practices.
License required: None
Having the best technical expertise or the best service approach is not enough. We need the best people to complete the equation; people who can share their knowledge and grow with our clients. Join us as we enter a new era of providing quality accounting and advisory services to clients across many industries and new markets.